C. William Ruth, President
Mechanical (HVAC) Engineer
Registered Professional Engineer #31219
1974 - Commissioned Naval Officer / Officer Candidate School
1974 - B.S. Mechanical Engineering / Lehigh University
2004 - Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Maryland (P.E. #31219)
Mr. Ruth has over forty-three years of experience evaluating, designing, selling, and/or installing custom environmental control systems to private industry and government agencies.
Applications of these systems have ranged from U.S. Naval Vessels and Battery Manufacturing Firms to office buildings, landfills, and industrial manufacturing plants.
As a licensed Professional Engineer, Mr. Ruth has in-depth knowledge of local and federal codes, standards, and regulations involving environmental, indoor air quality, life, and safety issues,
with full charge responsibility at all levels, including contract negotiation, planning, engineering, and development of project specifications.
Mr. Ruth possesses extensive knowledge working with all types of mechanical equipment and electrical control systems. His work mostly involves HVAC psychometrics, air velocities and pressures,
heat load and moisture transmission, fluid mechanics, and logic control. He is familiar with the design of all types of HVAC mechanical equipment including: fans, pumps, heat exchangers, ductwork,
fan coil units, air handling units, dehumidifiers, chillers, cooling towers, boilers, steam, hot water, energy recovery, pollution elimination, electrical power systems, and electrical power and
Relevant Experience Highlights
- Since 1981, Mr. Ruth has been performing as Maryland's Sole Manufacturer's Sales Representative for Aerovent Industrial Air Moving Equipment and Essick Air Product’s Evaporative Coolers for
The John J. Barry Co., continuing to provide technical specifications, sales, and installation of air moving equipment to military, commercial contractors, and industrial facilities.
- Chief designer and contract manager for the fabrication of original equipment, “EINBAR Climate Controllers”, which are custom-built industrial dehumidifiers and air handling equipment sold
- Mr. Ruth is routinely involved in the engineering evaluation of mechanical systems, as related to indoor air quality complaints and air pollution issues. Listed below are just a few of the
many projects Mr. Ruth has successfully evaluated over the past several years:
- Sherwin Williams Paint, Baltimore, MD: numerous industrial ventilation design and installation projects, including a ventilation system for paint mixing tanks.
- Howard & Gelkin Rosenbloom, Lutherville, MD: Attic Mold Survey and Analysis.
- GRR Aerosol, Attalla, Al: KRUNCHER Bldg Ventilation Evaluation with Recommendations.
- Parkville Police Station, Parkville, MD: Design of Under Slab Ventilation System.
- Cenveo, Cambridge, MD: (7) Printing Presses – Exhaust AirFlow Measurements and Analysis.
- Gamse Litho, Baltimore, MD: Flexo Press Exhaust Air Volume Measurement and Determination.
- Community College of Baltimore County, MD: Measurement & Certification of (28) Lab Hoods.
- Flowserve Pump Div., Taneytown, MD: Design of Mercury Removal Vessel for Despatch Oven.
- Rockland Industries,, Inc., Baltimore, MD: Design of Dust Capture Hood of GL-675 Mixing Tank.
- Piedmont Laboratories, Gainesville, Ga: Design & Install Ventilation System for Aerosol Filling.
- Victor Graphics, Baltimore, MD: Design & Install Visible Emissions Control System for (4) Presses.
- McCorquodale, Inc., Whiteford, MD: Evaluation & Design of Hot Air Duct System for (3) Presses.
- Up-To-Date Laundry, Baltimore, MD: Design & Installed Ventilation & Evaporative Cooling Systems.
- Mine Safety Appliances CO., Sparks, MD: Evaluation of (4) Cabinet Ventilation Fans.
- Colwell, Whiteford, MD: Design to Split Press 7 & 8 with separate Ventilation Hot Air Systems.
- VA Hospital, Baltimore, MD: Evaluation of IAQ Issues in Imaging/HVAC System AC7.
- H.G. Roebuck & Son, Inc. Baltimore, MD: Design & Install Visible Emissions Control Equipment.
Jenkins Environmental, Inc. (Towson,
Senior Mechanical Engineer
The John J. Barry Company (Phoenix, Maryland)
Sales Engineer (1981-1984)
Lippert & Welsh Company, Inc. (Charlestown, West
USS Davidson, FF-1045 (Pearl Harbor,
Naval Engineering Duty Officer
Maryland Society of Professional
2005 – Present
National Society of Professional
2005 – Present